The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Deca Games, the owners of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
658 dragons, 198,130 breeding pairs, 9827 lines of code, 20 minutes to recompile, 1245 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 41,646 unique visitors, 22,185,322 requests, 396.1 GB transferred.
- 2021 Jul 24 — Liberty left
- 2021 Jul 23 — Added Yarr (treasure/water epic, limited tier)
- 2021 Jul 23 — Added Enfis (rainbow epic, limited tier)
- 2021 Jul 23 — Victory returns
- 2021 Jul 23 — Alure left
- 2021 Jul 17 — Firework left
- 2021 Jul 16 — Added Alure (treasure/water epic, limited tier)
- 2021 Jul 16 — Trove left
- 2021 Jul 15 — Labradorite left, Jasper returns
- 2021 Jul 09 — Added Trove (treasure epic, limited tier)
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online