The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Deca Games, the owners of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
672 dragons, 207,041 breeding pairs, 9827 lines of code, 13 minutes to recompile, 1165 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 49,600 unique visitors, 27,426,141 requests, 497.7 GB transferred.
- 2021 Oct 15 — Added Techno (melody epic, limited tier)
- 2021 Oct 15 — Bismuth left, Sanguinite returns
- 2021 Oct 15 — Punk left
- 2021 Oct 08 — Added Punk (melody epic, limited tier)
- 2021 Oct 08 — Heavy Metal left
- 2021 Oct 08 — End of Dragons Week
- 2021 Oct 01 — Added Heavy Metal (melody epic, limited tier)
- 2021 Oct 01 — Dragons Week
- 2021 Oct 01 — Sapphire left, Opal returns
- 2021 Sep 28 — Tien left
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online