The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Deca Games, the owners of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
592 dragons, 158,761 breeding pairs, 9738 lines of code, 11 minutes to recompile, 892 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 30,965 unique visitors, 19,418,587 requests, 342.9 GB transferred.
- 2020 Aug 07 — Added Flowerhop (air/light/earth rare)
- 2020 Aug 07 — Added Tebori (dream/light epic, limited tier)
- 2020 Aug 01 — Ruby left, Peridot returns
- 2020 Jul 31 — Added Exandrew (earth/fire/air rare, limited tier)
- 2020 Jul 25 — Added Delicia (dream/air epic, limited tier)
- 2020 Jul 16 — Added Oaris (light/water/plant rare, isle tier)
- 2020 Jul 16 — Added Hanno (plant/water rare, isle tier)
- 2020 Jul 16 — Added Grove (plant/water rare, isle tier)
- 2020 Jul 16 — Memories of Paradise event
- 2020 Jul 15 — End of the Suncrest Soiree
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online