The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
511 dragons, 116,398 breeding pairs, 9437 lines of code, 10 minutes to recompile, 645 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 40,031 unique visitors, 16,784,951 requests, 275.1 GB transferred.
- 2019 Mar 22 — Equinox left
- 2019 Mar 21 — Celtic left
- 2019 Mar 20 — Spring Gemstone and Vernal dragons return
- 2019 Mar 20 — Winter left, Spring returns
- 2019 Mar 20 — End of Gardenia's Color Guard
- 2019 Mar 17 — Equinox returns
- 2019 Mar 15 — Okenite left, Quartz returns
- 2019 Mar 09 — Celtic returns
- 2019 Mar 08 — Added Silverline (light/dark rare, limited tier)
- 2019 Mar 08 — Added Amaryllis (aura epic, limited tier)
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online