The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Deca Games, the owners of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
716 dragons, 236,323 breeding pairs, 9907 lines of code, 20 minutes to recompile, 1336 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 45,542 unique visitors, 25,270,348 requests, 480.9 GB transferred.
- 2022 Jun 24 — Added Euryale (water/dark/light rare, limited tier)
- 2022 Jun 22 — Firework returns
- 2022 Jun 22 — Kite left
- 2022 Jun 21 — Solstice left
- 2022 Jun 20 — Spring left, Summer returns
- 2022 Jun 16 — Added Sea Shanty (melody/water epic, cursed tier)
- 2022 Jun 16 — Added Valeodon (water/cold/dark/fire rare, cursed tier)
- 2022 Jun 16 — Added Spinky (water/cold rare, cursed tier)
- 2022 Jun 16 — Pirates in Paradise II, Treasure Voyage event
- 2022 Jun 15 — Azurite left, Labradorite returns
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online