The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
523 dragons, 122,260 breeding pairs, 9478 lines of code, 16 minutes to recompile, 671 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 35,656 unique visitors, 15,316,663 requests, 254.0 GB transferred.
- 2019 May 18 — Moon dragons return
- 2019 May 17 — Added Ignite (fire/lightning rare)
- 2019 May 16 — Bouquet left
- 2019 May 15 — End of the Chrysalis Kaleidoscope
- 2019 May 15 — Lapis left, Jade returns
- 2019 May 15 — Wavelyte left, Azurite returns
- 2019 May 08 — Added Pearlescent (chrysalis/rift limited)
- 2019 May 08 — Arbor left
- 2019 May 04 — Added Rigel (galaxy rift)
- 2019 May 02 — Bouquet returns
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online