The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Deca Games, the owners of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
679 dragons, 211,570 breeding pairs, 9840 lines of code, 12 minutes to recompile, 1188 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: unique visitors, 20,291,994 requests, 372.6 GB transferred.
- 2021 Dec 01 — Topaz left, Turquoise returns
- 2021 Nov 26 — Added Squish (light/plant/earth rare, limited tier)
- 2021 Nov 26 — Huddle left
- 2021 Nov 22 — Osteryx left
- 2021 Nov 19 — Added Huddle (plant/earth/light rare, limited tier)
- 2021 Nov 19 — Country left
- 2021 Nov 15 — Sanguinite left, Mesolite returns
- 2021 Nov 12 — Added Country (melody epic, limited tier)
- 2021 Nov 04 — Added Sow (earth/plant/dark/cold rare, spice tier)
- 2021 Nov 04 — Added Khamsin (air/earth rare, spice tier)
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online