The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Deca Games, the owners of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
598 dragons, 162,160 breeding pairs, 9738 lines of code, 8 minutes to recompile, 912 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 34,288 unique visitors, 24,014,412 requests, 438.8 GB transferred.
- 2020 Sep 18 — Combustion left
- 2020 Sep 17 — Pouke left
- 2020 Sep 15 — Tourmaline left, Bismuth returns
- 2020 Sep 14 — Added Woven (air/plant/earth/light rare)
- 2020 Sep 10 — Added Pouke (seasonal/fire/water/light epic)
- 2020 Sep 10 — Gryphus left
- 2020 Sep 04 — Added Gryphus (air/earth/light rare)
- 2020 Sep 01 — Peridot left, Sapphire returns
- 2020 Aug 26 — End of Memories of Paradise
- 2020 Aug 24 — Added Combustion (metal/fire/air/dark rare)
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online