The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Deca Games, the owners of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
569 dragons, 146,065 breeding pairs, 9530 lines of code, 17 minutes to recompile, 817 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 28,364 unique visitors, 14,459,693 requests, 250.8 GB transferred.
- 2020 Mar 20 — Added Flickerflame (fire/cold hybrid, limited tier)
- 2020 Mar 15 — Okenite left, Quartz returns
- 2020 Mar 07 — Begonia, Petunia left
- 2020 Mar 07 — Triple Leap Year left
- 2020 Mar 06 — Added Spectrapod (rainbow/rift, limited tier)
- 2020 Mar 01 — Amethyst left, Aquamarine returns
- 2020 Feb 26 — Leap Year and Double Leap Year return
- 2020 Feb 22 — Begonia, Petunia return (limited tier)
- 2020 Feb 22 — Added Triple Leap Year (rainbow epic, limited tier)
- 2020 Feb 21 — Added Aquacorn (water/cold rare, spectacle tier)
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online