The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
562 dragons, 142,306 breeding pairs, 9530 lines of code, 7 minutes to recompile, 808 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 24,234 unique visitors, 10,929,799 requests, 185.6 GB transferred.
- 2020 Feb 15 — Barite left, Okenite returns
- 2020 Feb 15 — Jet left, Lapis returns
- 2020 Feb 15 — Added Wick (fire/light rare)
- 2020 Feb 08 — Added Shockproof (cold/lightning rare)
- 2020 Feb 01 — Added Bouldershock (lightning/earth rare)
- 2020 Feb 01 — Garnet left, Amethyst returns
- 2020 Jan 20 — Added Thrasher (lightning/metal rare, limited tier)
- 2020 Jan 15 — Pyrite left, Barite returns
- 2020 Jan 14 — Added Frond (plant/water rare, limited tier)
- 2019 Dec 17 — End of the Jolly Jubilee
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online