The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
473 dragons, 98,785 breeding pairs, 9133 lines of code, 12 minutes to recompile, 545 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 38,600 unique visitors, 16,635,802 requests, 271.8 GB transferred.
- 2018 Nov 12 — Added Karroot (hidden/seasonal epic, everything nice tier)
- 2018 Nov 12 — Added Vidalia (hidden/seasonal epic, everything nice tier)
- 2018 Nov 12 — Added Curlyleaf (hidden/seasonal epic, spice tier)
- 2018 Nov 12 — Added Bloatato (hidden/seasonal epic, spice tier)
- 2018 Nov 12 — Autumn and Seasonal dragons return
- 2018 Nov 12 — Om of Noms event
- 2018 Nov 07 — End of The Candied Conjuring
- 2018 Nov 05 — Auroch left
- 2018 Nov 04 — Berry returns
- 2018 Nov 01 — Opal left, Topaz returns
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online