The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
552 dragons, 137,021 breeding pairs, 9528 lines of code, 5 minutes to recompile, 758 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: unique visitors, 8,866,583 requests, 150.6 GB transferred.
- 2019 Dec 01 — Topaz left, Turquoise returns
- 2019 Nov 15 — Sanguinite left, Mesolite returns
- 2019 Nov 08 — Added Macabre (apocalypse epic, limited tier)
- 2019 Nov 01 — Added Barbarous (apocalypse epic, limited tier)
- 2019 Nov 01 — Opal left, Topaz returns
- 2019 Oct 27 — Added Scourge (apocalypse epic, limited tier)
- 2019 Oct 24 — Added Fulgurite (earth/lightning rare, limited tier)
- 2019 Oct 18 — Added Charlatan (apocalypse epic, limited tier)
- 2019 Oct 15 — Bismuth left, Sanguinite returns
- 2019 Oct 10 — Added Eldritch (fire/plant/earth/cold rare, it's alive!)
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online