The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
440 dragons, 84,661 breeding pairs, 8572 lines of code, 88 minutes to recompile, 560 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 44,774 unique visitors, 16,923,207 requests, 285.7 GB transferred.
- 2018 Aug 16 — Added Oracle (surface epic, limited tier)
- 2018 Aug 16 — Kaiju left
- 2018 Aug 15 — Firework left
- 2018 Aug 15 — Jasper left, Tourmaline returns
- 2018 Aug 14 — Solar Eclipse left
- 2018 Aug 09 — Added Kaiju (surface epic, limited tier)
- 2018 Aug 09 — Added Sprite (surface epic, surface tier)
- 2018 Aug 09 — Added Eve (surface epic, surface tier)
- 2018 Aug 09 — Sumi returns, gains surface element
- 2018 Aug 09 — Apocalypse, Elysium, Nightmare, and Prism return
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online