The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
428 dragons, 79,795 breeding pairs, 8137 lines of code, 7 minutes to recompile, 387 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 35,442 unique visitors, 9,536,983 requests, 148.1 GB transferred.
- 2018 May 23 — Added Scarab (treasure, glittering tier)
- 2018 May 23 — Added Regal (treasure, glittering tier)
- 2018 May 23 — Added Opulent (treasure, glittering tier)
- 2018 May 23 — Added Djinni (treasure, glittering tier)
- 2018 May 23 — Loot and Misfortune return
- 2018 May 23 — Treasure Hunt event
- 2018 May 23 — Sprout left, Wishlisted Dragons left
- 2018 May 18 — Butterfly returns
- 2018 May 18 — Bouquet left
- 2018 May 16 — Most Wishlisted Dragons return
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online