The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
433 dragons, 81,805 breeding pairs, 8361 lines of code, 7 minutes to recompile, 421 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 35,251 unique visitors, 9,188,295 requests, 140.7 GB transferred.
- 2018 Jun 25 — Added Tidepool (water/plant hybrid)
- 2018 Jun 24 — Added Sandscale (earth/light rift, boulderbright tier)
- 2018 Jun 24 — Bilby and Yolkwing return
- 2018 Jun 22 — Kite and Solstice left, Firework returns
- 2018 Jun 21 — Spring left, Summer returns
- 2018 Jun 19 — Added Dartwing (metal/plant rare, goldenleaf tier)
- 2018 Jun 19 — Misfortune, Satin, and Spritely return
- 2017 Jun 15 — Azurite left, Labradorite returns
- 2017 Jun 14 — Bearded and Solstice return
- 2018 Jun 13 — Added Snowflake 6 (snowflake epic, frozen floe tier)
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online