The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is not associated with or endorsed by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are compiled from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are limited and cannot be bred except under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon), if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave), or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
415 dragons, 74686 breeding pairs, 7643 lines of code, 6 minutes to recompile, 699 MB of breeding data.
- 2018 Feb 22 — End of the Gathering of Roses
- 2018 Feb 21 — Winter returns
- 2018 Feb 21 — Solar Eclipse left
- 2018 Feb 20 — Carnival left
- 2018 Feb 19 — Satin left
- 2018 Feb 16 — Added Satin (fire/plant/earth/lightning hybrid, limited tier)
- 2018 Feb 15 — Barite left, Okenite returns
- 2018 Feb 13 — Added Tumblethorn (plant/earth rift)
- 2018 Feb 12 — Solar Eclipse returns
- 2018 Feb 12 — Spritely left
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online