The DragonVale Sandbox was created in May 2017, following the retirement of the original Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox created by r0b0_tr0n aka Raymond Kirkland.
This is an independent, fan-created project and is neither associated with nor sanctioned by Backflip Studios, the creators of DragonVale .
- Rule Zero — The breeding rules used by the DragonVale Sandbox are derived from conjecture, experiment, and deduction. They are not canonical, and may be incomplete and/or inaccurate.
- Primary Rule — If a primary dragon is bred with another primary dragon of the same element, then the offspring is always a primary dragon of that element (e.g. Fire + Fire → Fire).
- Opposite Elements — A primary dragon cannot be bred with a primary dragon of the opposite element (e.g. Fire + Cold).
- General Rule — Otherwise, the kinds of dragons being bred and all combinations of the elements they represent determines the pool of potential offspring.
- Limited Dragons — Some kinds of dragons are
limited and cannot be bred except
- under specific circumstances (e.g. a Blue Moon dragon during a blue moon),
- if one of the parents is a dragon of that kind (i.e. you already have one, or can breed with a friend's dragon in the Cooperative Cave),
- or during a Bring 'Em Back event.
449 dragons, 88,405 breeding pairs, 8955 lines of code, 7 minutes to recompile, 509 MB of breeding data.
Over the last 30 days: 41,306 unique visitors, 12,238,195 requests, 193.3 GB transferred.
- 2018 Sep 24 — Added Manomano (water/cold/dark rare, makai tier)
- 2018 Sep 24 — Added Limulimu (plant/water/light rare, makai tier)
- 2018 Sep 24 — Honuhonu and Humuhumu left
- 2018 Sep 24 — Anniversary dragons left
- 2018 Sep 22 — Summer left, Autumn returns
- 2018 Sep 21 — Added Humuhumu (water/light rare, limited tier)
- 2018 Sep 21 — Added Honuhonu (water/plant rare, limited tier)
- 2018 Sep 20 — Paper returns (happy anniversary)
- 2018 Sep 19 — Equinox returns
- 2018 Sep 19 — Cotton returns (happy anniversary)
- 2017 May 27 — Parent Finder goes online
- 2017 May 26 — Breeding Sandbox goes online